Each year more than 400 babies make their entrance into the world at Mary Rutan Hospital. Our personalized care and friendly staff provide the attention you and your newborn deserve. Families who choose the Family Birth Center at Mary Rutan Hospital (MRH) also enjoy the peace of mind that comes with having a top-notch birthing center so close by.
Our experienced medical staff, including board-certified OB-GYNs, certified nurse midwives, pediatricians, anesthesiologists and highly skilled registered nurses, believe in total care for the mother, baby and family.
Individualized Care in Private Suites
Providing quality care and comfort are our top priorities. Warm, inviting, private rooms offer mom, baby and family all the comforts of home. Babies room-in with mom and dad so our nurses can educate the whole family on new baby and mom care. Rooms are equipped with private bathrooms, and cable television, and room-service style meals are available so that mom may order her food according to her own schedule.
All entrances to the Birth Center are locked to provide an additional level of security for our new families. Visitors are invited in only with mom's permission, and security cameras monitor all hallways.
At MRH, our dedicated staff and state-of-the-art facilities include:
- Highly skilled nurses, many with advanced certification in obstetrics.
- Specially trained childbirth educators and a staff lactation consultant as well as a lactation consultant provided by the Logan County Health Department.
- Board-certified pediatricians on-call 24 hours a day to assist with any newborn needs.
- A centrally located fetal monitoring system.
- An operating room devoted to emergency care right in the Family Birth Center if a C-section is required.
- Experienced anesthesiologists to provide whatever level of pain management you need.
- The amenities new parents told us they wanted most, like room service with special menu options, increased security, overnight accommodations for a family member, convenient visiting hours and additional educational opportunities to prepare for your new arrival.
Free Childbirth classes: Through our free childbirth classes, you will learn a combination of relaxation and breathing techniques with specific information to make childbirth a positive experience. This class will cover topics from preparation for the birth experience to bringing your baby home. To enroll in free classes call 937.592.9943.
Childbirth Class Schedule
Saturday, November 5th - 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Includes 1 hour lunch break)
Wednesday, December 7th & 14th - 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday, January 18th & 25th - 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 11th - 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Includes 1 hour lunch break)
Wednesday, March 22nd & 29th - 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
To Enroll In FREE Classes Contact Us At